Philosophy of Ministry
First Baptist Matthews Weekday Preschool seeks to help children experience feelings of love, acceptance, respect of self, and respect of others in a safe and loving environment. Our preschool program is designed to address the needs of the total child. The preschool years lay the foundation that will provide children the knowledge they need as they continue to grow. Our preschool teachers use various types of activities that help the children develop emotionally, mentally, physically, socially and spiritually. Every child is encouraged to develop a creative and inquiring mind through active play and classroom learning.
Weekday Preschool Hours
Monday-Thursday 9:00am -1:00pm
The Weekday Preschool door is opened by the Director each morning at 9:00. Parents walk their child to the classroom door for drop-off. Afternoon carlines are used for the 3’s, 4’s, and T-K classes, while parents of 1’s and 2’s walk in the preschool building to pick up their child from their classroom.
2020-2021 Registration Information
- In-house Registration for current Preschool families, church members, and alumni will begin Monday, January 6, 2020.
- Public Registration for new families will begin Monday, February 3, 2020.
- A completed Registration Form and a non-refundable Registration Fee payment of $100.00 are both due to the Preschool Director in order to secure your child’s placement within a classroom.
- New families are required to schedule an appointment for a tour of the Preschool prior to enrolling.
Monthly Tuition 2020-2021
- 1 day a week (1's) = $150
- 2 days a week (1's, 2's, & 3's) = $215
- 3 days a week (1's, 2's, 3's, & 4's) = $250
- 4 days a week (2's, 3's, 4's, & T-K)= $275
First Baptist Matthews preschool teachers work from a flexible program which consistently presents new and challenging ideas and activities for the children. Teachers use the WEE LEARN curriculum as a foundation to create innovative and fun daily activities. Teachers enhance the curriculum with weekly themes that allow the children to experience and appreciate God’s created world around them. Bible stories and verses are taught weekly. In addition, children attend Library and Music classes. The 3’s, 4’s, and T-K classes also engage in an age-appropriate handwriting curriculum within their weekly units. Our goals are always to prepare your child for the next year of school.
Contact Jeana Stewart, Preschool Director at 704-849-0580 or use the form below.